Subject: [Leica] Leica in the movies
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 13:27:24 -0500

I saw -The End of the Affair- the other night and couldn't help but notice
what must be a rare product placement for our favorite camera
manufacturer.  In the scene following Fiennes and Moore's disastrous
encounter in a restaurant, a Leica sign hangs prominently above the
sidewalk down which she flees.  The private detective catches some unlikely
telephoto images with what appears to be a IIIf and what is undoubtedly an
Elmar 50/3.5.

So--another reason to see a pretty decent film.

Chandos

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown