Subject: [Leica] Ilford Cooltone
From: "Rod Fleming" <rodfleming@sol.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 14:47:40 -0000

Hi

I just did a batch of prints with the first lot of Ilford RC Cooltone which
I've had.

Yes, it does exist, and first impressions are that it's drop-dead gorgeous.
It reminds me of the old Ilford single-weight FB paper (which they
discontinued about 1980). VERY rich blacks and much better highlight
separation than MG RC Deluxe, which was always mucky in there. So far I've
only tried the pearl, but I've ordered some glossy- this stuff should get us
back some of the quality of those snappy ferrotyped prints of yore.

Great stuff.

Cheers

Ro