Subject: Re: [Leica] What are Leicas made for?!?
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:40:25 -0500

Hans:

Great photo!  I think what does it for me is the dog drinking from the
hydrant.  Reminds me of a Hogarth engraving.  He was an 18th century
illustrator who did many great humorous pictures.  His prints usually had
lots going on and there was often a dog at the bottom doing something
mischevious.

Mike D

Hans Pahlen wrote...

> It is strange though, that no one ever has commented my own favorite
image, the one on top at
> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5799/roma99.htm
>
> I guess we see different things in images. For me, this image is Rome in a
nutshell, with some confusion and charms, a mix of local inhabitants,
tourists and a dog moving around on a classical piazza in Rome, Campo di
Fiori. I like this picture a lot, and I have an enlargement on my wall.
> We had only a few hours in Rome, and I shot a lot of pictures in a very
short time. I had only time to visit the traditiotinal tourist places, but I
felt that everything went my way when shooting. It is a very happy and
euphoric feeling, as we all know!