Subject: [Leica] Re: asked for ID?
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:45:38 -0800

At 05:52 PM 1/31/00 -0500, Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:

>All of sudden this cop is in my
>face asking me who I was, what am I doing and who gave me permission (yadda,
>yadda). Now you've got to understand that this is a SMALL airport. The only
>airline operating there so far is a commuter line flying turbo props. When
>passengers arrive they climb out of the planes on the tarmac and walk to the
>terminal. I see one of these planes arrive but I don't think it's any big
>deal. Well according to this cop it's like the end of the world that I'm out
>there while this plane is coming in. I smile and apologize and explain what
>I'm doing. Seemingly disappointed that I'm not going to give him any grief he
>huffs something about being more careful, gets back into his cop SUV and
>drives off.
>
>Bob (smile as cops, it confuses them) McEowen

On one of the news magazines or TV news magazines... or somewhere, as I saw
it printed or heard it on the news...

They asked, in a questionnaire, "why do you want to be a police ossifer?"
and the overwhelming reason was because of the power of the job. "I want to
control people." We're talking a macho bunch here. You see it every day on
the news. It is their nature to be bossy and yell at you. The nicer you
are, sometimes, the bossier they get.

Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy that we have the police. I would not
want the job. I'm glad someone does. But get this bunch together, give them
a little power, and the testosterone begins flowing. It's like the inverse
of the inverse square law of light.

A catalytic multiplicity.

News flash, the downtown area was hit by a testosterone flood last night.
The police threw the burning cars back at the protestors...

When you are photographing, and the police ask you anything, turn yourself
inside out to please him/her. The consequences of being uncooperative will
get ugly. Someone else WILL touch your Leica!

When the unstoppable force hits the immovable object. The immovable object
gets consumed.

Maybe it was the clear Jell o dessert.

Jim