Subject: RE: [Leica] Mental Illness documentary project/Human Traffic/Kites
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:00:38 -0000

John,
terrific pictures. In contrast to the February contest this shows what, I
believe, the Leica was made for - people photography.
I like nos. 2 and 3. In #2, there are many elements working together, the
befuddled confusion in front of the guy on the right, the table tennis game
without a ball - is it all in the mind? And the table support that has
collapsed on the floor - like the support for their worlds and perhaps the
social support for themselves.

#3 I find is a strong recollection of Sellers recreating Olivier reciting A
Hard Day's Night. The 'madness' of that previous performance is chillingly
recreated here.

And finally I was intrigued by the last photo which seemed to suggest flash
being used as we see a shadow of the hand on the wall (RHS). Though none of
the pix look as if they use flash.

Very strong.

Jem