Subject: RE: [Leica] Adjustable selective metering?
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:30:48 -0800

I didn't think that's what Eastland's book really says, but I re-read the
section cited and it certainly leave the impression that you can do spot
metering by using the frame selection lever. You can't. At best, you can use
the lever to give yourself a clearer idea of what the lens on the camera is
actually metering, by bringing up the frame-line for the next-longest lens.
For example, if you have a 35mm lens on the camera, flick the lever to bring
up the 50mm frame-line---that box will show you the approximate metering
area of the 35mm lens.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.