Subject: [Leica] No, called for
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:09:12 +0000

Bob B.: >>>Both Dan and Mike's comments are totally uncalled for.<<<

All right then, Bob, YOU interpret for us the long bit about the
raspberry jello and the marshmallows and so forth.

Actually, my statement is completely called for, because I'm not being
argumentative. I mean it literally. Half the time, I can't figure out
what in the hell Mark's talking about, much less what he means to imply.
I think that at times, I've been mislead into taking offense where Mark
meant no offense.

I'm not trying to insult Mark. He an I just had a friendly exchange
off-list, after I offered to send him some samples of Ilford's new
CoolTone paper to try.

There are a few other listmembers who are even worse. Either they don't
bother to proofread their own messages even once, or they are not native
English speakers and run into trouble expressing their thoughts, or they
have "doctor's handwriting" disease, whereby they think it's sufficient
if they understand their own messages themselves, with no thought to
whether anyone else is going to be able to puzzle them out.

I really do wish people would lavish a little more care and attention on
their posts before firing them off.

I think it's appropriate. Standards are standards.

- --Mike