Subject: Re: [Leica] Question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 07:38:44 -0700

The inside of the bright line frame shows the picture area as cropped by a
standard slide mount (23mm x 35mm or 93%) when a lens is at its closest
focussing distance. The outside of the bright frame lines show the
aforementioned picture area at a focusssing distance of 2 meters. At the
infinity setting the picture area is larger than the bright line frame by
about  three thicknesses of the frame line all around the edges. Info from
Gunter Osterloh's book "Leica M the advanced school of photography".

John Collier