Subject: [Leica] 19mm/f2.8 Elmarit-R.
From: Pitak Chenkosol <pitakc@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:27:46 -0800 (PST)

Dear LUGGERs,

Could anyone who own the 19mm/f2.8 Elmarit-R (latest design with filter
terret) please describe your experience in using this lens? I am interested
in the quality of the pictures for both close-up and far away subjects.
How do the image rendering capabilities of this lens compare to a longer
Leica R-lens (e.g. 35mm/f1.4)? Sharpness, flare suppression, etc. I have
the 35mm/f1.4 and like the results that I get (after changing the focusing
screen to a uniform ground glass per Ted's advice. Thank you Ted.).

Can I expect the performance of the 19mm/f2.8 Elmarit-R to be on par with my
35mm/f1.4 Summilux-R?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Regards,

PC

- --
Pitak Chenkosol, Dept. Electrical Eng.,|  " I was born not knowing and have
Portland State University,             |    only had a little time to change
P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751. |    that here and there."
E-mail: pitakc@ee.pdx.edu              |                Richard P. Feynman