Subject: Re: [Leica] Fast Zeiss Jena Sonnar on Leicaflex mount???
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 02:43:46 EST

In a message dated 01/28/2000 1:07:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:

<< Does it stand up to the 180 Elmarit?????? >>
I had the 180, 2.8 Sonnar and the early Elmarit.  The Elmarit di dnot have
quite the contrast of the Sonnar but they were very close. The Sonnar was a
little sharper on the edges wide open.  However, I think is was designed to
cover 2 1/4. There was no comparison in the qulaity of the mount or
smoothness of operation (Leica was better, by far).
Bob Figlio