Subject: Re: [Leica] Brit Mags - Amateur Photo's "A Century of Photography" Special Edition - a bit of Leica history - long
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:57:37 +0000

It's a pity so-called popular photo magazines don't get *all* their
essential facts right. In our interview with the man who restored Barnack's
Ur-Leica (and cine camera) said that he measured the film gate at 1 x 1.5
inches, or 25x38mm
to the nearest mm, and not 24x38mm as stated in "Amateur Photographer".

And inexcusably, the UK's "Professional Photographer" in a "history of
photography" feature in their Millennium issue stated that the M-series
Leica was launched in 1960!

Ed Buziak / Publisher
"Camera & Darkroom"

ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk

* Web site under construction *

>From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>Subject: [Leica] Brit Mags - Amateur Photo's "A Century of Photography"
Special Edition - a bit of Leica history - long