Subject: [Leica] Perjorative rhetoric
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:45:44 +0000

>>>but since I am not an idiot these features would not make
such a camera any more usable then the current offerings, at least not
for
me (*YOUR* mileage might very well vary of course... only you can assess

how much of an idiot-proof camera you need)<<<

This is perhaps needlessly perjorative. I could make a very persuasive
argument that an *M6* is in fact idiot-proof, since there are so few
controls and the controls are so simple and unambiguous. It's certainly
more difficult to master the basic operation of an EOS-3, say, than it
is to master the basic operation of an M6. I say this as someone who
reviews cameras as part of his job.

This doesn't really gainsay your argument, Bob, just your choice of
rhetoric...<s>

- --Mike