Subject: RE: [Leica] Leitz's role in defying Nazis
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:18:31 -0800

BJP is the British Journal of Photography - they are a weekly
professional-oriented publication with a good presence online.  They can be
found at http://www.bjphoto.co.uk/ if you'd like to see for yourself.  They
put out the PPN - the Professional Photographers' Newsletter which is where
this article appeared.  I don't know how historically accurate this report
is (do the words "historical" and "accuracy" actually belong in the same
sentence?), but the publication appears to be reputable, at least on matters
photographic.

And just to emphasize something that should be obvious - not every new
historical discovery that contradicts previous shibboleths is "revisionism",
with all the pejorative baggage that word implies.  Sometimes things that
"everyone knew" were just wrong, and revising our understanding of them is a
good thing.

Paul Chefurka