Subject: Re: [Leica] Save Leica! (was: Ted Grant's Ravings)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:41:48 +0000

Now Rob...You're being just a wee bit harsh, and, dare I say it, short
sighted. As Leica shooters - not collectors, not sycophants ( at least some
of us aren't), but users - we certainly benefit from Leica remaining in
business, continuing to manufacture cameras and lenses, producing parts. If
nothing else, a constant supply of new cameras produces a larger supply of
used cameras. And, with Leica alive, they can merge, be bought out, etc.,
by a company that might have the foresight to produce some updated versions
of the classics while, I would hope, still producing the classic.

However, when all is said and done, your basic premise is correct - the
factory gates shut and we go on shooting....

B. D.