Subject: Re: [Leica] black and white slides
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:57:10 -03-30

At 02:43 PM 25/01/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I want to shoot some black and white prints onto slide. I've been presented
>with a pair of options. One, I can shoot the images onto colour
>transparency. Somebody suggested I use a blue filter (no No. given); does
>this sound right? Two, make an interneg of the original neg and get that
>mounted. What's the best way to do that? Are there any other choices? What
>results do LUGgers find works best?
>Cheers, Dave

Make chromes of the prints. Prints should be no smaller then 8X10.

Use a good copy stand. If the stand has tungsten lights, use Fujichrome
64T. No need for filters with this combo.  If your stand has daylight or
can be gelled for daylight, us a fine grain chrome film. Fuji Provia works
well as it is not as "contrasty" as other chrome film.

50 to 60mm lens is ideal.

I will risk the blasphemy of saying I use a Nikkor 55mm 2.8 Micro on a Nikon F.
Maybe someone can recommend a Leica lens for copy work  :^)

cheers,

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart