Subject: [Leica] The World Wide Value of the Leica Name
From: Stephen Gandy <leicanikon@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:22:06 -0800

With the  world wide world wide recognition of the Leica name and Leica's
reputation for the best quality,  it always struck me that Leica was selling
itself short not selling products for the mass market.    As a glasses wearer,
I've always wondered why Leica did not go into the nearby optical field of eye
glasses -- both corrective frames and sunglasses.    If Porche and Nikon can
get a part of the multi billion dollar sunglasses market, why not Leica ?

After that,   top quality  Leica designer Jeans, watches, handbags, and
footwear.  The Leica name is too famous and well known not to be used on other
products.    Leica needs profits, and the Leica  name and reputation  is
perhaps their biggest asset.

Stephen  Gandy