Subject: Re: [Leica] A trip to Paris
From: Ben <debugger@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:01:29 -0800

>> Carry all your film (raw and cooked) in your carry-on bag. The plastic bags
are a good idea, and while you can always ask for a hand check, outside the U.S.
you aren't entitled to it and aren't likely to get one <<

Have you tried putting your film in the lead-lined film bags?  I tried it once
here in the States.  I put the bag in my carry-on and didn't bother to have it
hand-inspected.  When my bag went thru the machine, the inspector had me pull
out the film bag and he inspected its contents.  He said the x-ray machine
couldn't see what's in it.  It effectively forced a hand-inspection.