Subject: [Leica] Re: Cosina lenses
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:41:54 -0800

Frankly, I don't give much credence to what any magazine has to say about
lens performance. (My apologies Mike and others.) If I'm looking for a
lens, I read them ... yes. Then I go look at the lens, borrow one if
possible and test it myself. Or buy it and test it myself. If I like it,
it's good. If I don't, I sell it or return it.

With Leica lenses, I can be sure that most of the time, they're going to
be up to snuff. I was not so sure about the Heliar 15 so I bought it with
a satisfaction guarantee. My first roll of film with it convinced me that
it was a very fine lens.

Godfrey