Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux Result????
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:23:07 +1100

Jim Bielecki wrote:

> > The Noctilux is a superb lens It just shits on anything any other
> manufacturer
> > has ever
> > produced for range finder cameras in this size. I have a Cannon 1.2 and I
> saw
> > prints made with the Cannon F.95. There is no comparison. None!!
>
> An apple and oranges comparison?  Let's not forget that the Canon 50mm F1.2
> was introduced in 1956 and the F0.95 in 1961.  The F1.0 Noctilux made it
> appearance in 1976.
>
> Jim Bielecki

Jim, Its not an apple -  orange comparison. Its a :" What's available"
comparison.I can still buy a Cannon F1.2 , and maybe even a modified  Cannon
f0.95 or Nikon f1.1 lens. However since, as far as I know, nobody makes a real
modern lens of this size for screw mount cameras, this is the only comparison
possible.

So, if you where ask to compare a 50mm F1 lens with another lens, what would
you do?

Regards, Horst Schmidt.