Subject: Re: [Leica] Robot!
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:30:34 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:

> At 08:52 AM 1/24/2000 -0800, Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:
> >If Leica does get bought
> >that means the only German-owned company left is Rollei, whom as you know
> >recently went private again!
>
> Oh, no.  Berning (Robot) is still German-owned, as is Schneider-Dresden
> (Praktica);  there may be others, as well.
>
> Marc

I thought Robot was ancient history!!!!!? do they only make surveillance cameras
now? I always wanted a square format 35mm camera with one of those crazy
rotational shutters! But now that I am a big guy with money they disappear
without a trace! Did it have a spring wind up? I never see them! I want one!!!!
Mark