Subject: [Leica] Off Topic Contax D question
From: Javier <japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:23:29 -0500

Hi All
Would anyone happen to know what the
right curtain speed might be for the Contax D
in miliseconds and/or in turns of the tension spring.
Also how many turns should I wind up on the
speed governor? I've scored one with a 58 Biotar
that has been tampered with. Some tard decided to
fix an oil starved sluggish curtain by increasing tension
and wound up almost ripping it off the curtain ribbons.
I've gotten it working to the point that I'm now shooting with it
but would prefer to get it back to exact specs for originality's sake.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Best Regards
Javier