Subject: [Leica] Leica 35mmf1.4/2.0 R Performance
From: "David E. Strang" <dstrang@up.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 00:43:06 -0500

I thought this might be the best forum to find if I should look for a
35mmf1.4, perferably ROM, or stay with my 35mmf2. I find myself
shooting a lot at f2.8 and f2 and the Summicron works well there except
at f2 there is noticable edge softness and fall off in illumination.

Besides the one stop difference, does the Summilux work better at
f2 and f2.8 than the Summicron? The added weight of the Summilux is
not a concern (I believe the added weight makes the lens/camera more
stable--up to a point).

Regards,
Dave Strang
dstrang@up.net