Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W filters
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:48:08 -0800

I have found that I am using either the yellow-green or a deep yellow
(Y12/B+W 023) or Leica's orange.  Leica's orange is much lighter than
other's orange -- probably closer to the yellow-orange in effect.  I notice
that the only two black and white filters Leica is listing now are the
yellow-green and  the orange, and that is the selection available in the
19mm R's built in filers.

I would also point that AA stated in The Negative, that with hindsight,
daylight landscapes don't need anything stronger than a dark yellow, Y-12,
"Minus Blue" filter, since, being directly opposite sky blue on the color
wheel, it is strong enough to darken sky and penetrate haze, yet does not
darken shadow areas as much as the orange and red filters.

Tom Schofield