Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Fuji building an M
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:11:05 EST

The cloth focal plane shutter is the essence of what the M camera and what
Leica is all about since the Leica I of 1925.  You can't mess with
perfection.  I told Herr Cohn this when I first met him at last year's PMA
and he seemed to get the point.  Certainly Stefan Daniel, then M product
manager and now overall product manager, understands this.  If you take away
the whisper quiet cloth focal plane shutter, what do you have?  Another me
too camera.  Might as well have Konica or Canon or any other Japanese
manufacturer make the M camera, as you have taken away its soul.
Would I like to have a CL2 camera with a vertically traveling metal bladed
shutter, higher sync, AE, etc., as a companion to my M6's?  You bet, but
don't take away the M6!
And then there are the lenses.  Collectively, some of the world's greatest
glass for one of the world's greatest cameras.  But that's a whole other
story.
LONG LIVE THE M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Rosauer