Subject: [Leica] A Word of CAUTION
From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 15:13:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gang,

With all of this talk about a Leica take-over, let me
put in a word of caution.

Before you take out a second mortgage on your house to
buy Leica stock or buy up all of the German made M6
.85s you can find, please read the following.

First of all, there is no truth to the rumor that
beginning next month you will get a FREE M6 with every
100 rolls of FUJI Velvia film you buy.

In my research, I have been able to find NOTHING to
justify the sudden rise in the price of Leica Camera
AG stock.  A couple of other LUGGERS and my self have
been searching European papers and financial
publications looking for some news or rumor to justify
the price increase, and we have come up with nothing.
Also, Leica's stock price CLOSED DOWN 15% on Friday.
Proceed with caution.

At this point in time, I think you will find that
WALMART is most likely a better investment than Leica
Camera.

Regards,

Bill