Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux result????
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 13:14:11 -0800

Rob Mueller wrote:

>Would you accept this vignetting image from any other lens? No. Why must we
>make excuses for this? Because it is Leica? As an artist I object to this in
>the image. I think it looks terrible and completely detracts from the
>photo.>>>

Hi Rob,

But I've used this lens since I purchaed it in 1968 and it never occurred
to me there was a problem with  vignetting until I joined the LUG a few
years ago and heard the whining about vignetting. So I took alook at a
bunch of f 1.0 colour slides and yep you can see it if you look at those
with a no texture background.

But it has NOTHING to do with me accepting it because it's a Leica lens.

I dont even twitch at it as the lens has given me images where many others
would  have failed. And if a guy owns one and doesn't like the vignetting
there is a very simple answer....Sell the lens and buy a slower one without
vignetting.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant