Subject: [Leica] Fuji building an M
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 09:31:47 -0800

Having read loading problems cause by the M bottom loading system, I too had
a similar problem.  I hope that if Fuji buys Leica they will force them into
designing an easier and smarter loading system. The botom loading was good
in the 30's but come on, what a pain in the ass.
Better yet, imagine a modern M design (similar to the XPan) made by Fuji
with average and spot metering, a 100% viewfinder (like the M3) that will
allow use of more focal lengths especially wide angle, a metal shutter
curtain to gain faster shutter and faster flash sync speeds and not worry
about holes in the darn curtain, with motorized loading with a flip up back
like every other manufacturer uses including Leica's R cameras.  Face it,
the reason we use the M is not the camera, its the lenses which have
transcended time with their wonderful resolution capabilities.  If Fuji
built an M like Konica I would certainly be interested, especially if it use
M glass.

Peter K