Subject: Re: [Leica] Let's talk 90 Sumicrons
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 07:25:01 EST

In a message dated 01/20/2000 11:23:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Williamsonimages@compuserve.com writes:

<< I appreciate any thoughts after you run them through their paces. >>

I have not compared my 90 mm lenses with color film yet but I have run
resolution tests down in my ultra-cold music room (only heat is a woodstove)
- - it is 2 degrees  fahrenheit there!  So maybe my results may be suspect.
Anyway, in order of highest to lowest resolution wide open and down two stops
:  new  Elmarit M, old Elmarit R, old Summicron M (6 element), and  fairly
late Summicron R.
I can't say much about contrast and all the other stuff except that the new
Elmarit M looks the best on high contrast copy film - the film I used for the
test target shots. Of course it is not an f2 lens and Kodachrome slides of my
daughter on the Summicron R (5 element) are simply beautiful.
Bob Figlio