Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux result????
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 12:57:40 +0000

>Jerry S. Justianto wrote:
>
>>Please see my first pictures with my Noctilux :-(
>>
>>http://Noctilux.homepage.com/photoalbum.html
>>
>>Why do I get vignetting with these pictures?
>>
>>Above me are 4 neon lights and windows on my right side.
>>
>>I am using E60 filter for my Noct.
>>
>>from 5 pictures taht I shot all at 1.0 all have some funny shadow on it.>>>
>
>Hi Jerry,
>
>I guess nobody told you that the Noctilux at f 1,0 does vignette on
>corners. But it's no big deal other than when you run into plain
>backgrounds as you have in yours.  But the vignetting isn't objectionable,
>just kind of adds a framing factor to the image.
>
>And take that filter and throw it away, all it'll do is screw-up your
>images. You don't need any filters on a Noctilux, I guess you weren't told
>it's against the law and you could be arrested for putting a filter on the
>worlds most remarkable lens for night light and no light? :) Well not quite
>but wait a bit for further comments on the filter.
>
>ted
>

>Ted Grant

Naughty.....naughty, Ted! If I am not mistaken this is going to start a
long unending discussion on the use of filters on Leica lenses and I am
going to get more messages to trash till the cows come home.

Jerry, ignore the vignetting. It's an artform commonly achievable only with
high end leica optics. People give up an arm and a leg for this "leica
special."  That's why you don't often see them in the low priced N**** and
C**** glass.

Dan K.
                   How we live reflects what we treasure.