Subject: Re: [Leica] damnit!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:43:54 -0500

At 02:41 PM 1/21/2000 -0800, Ted Grant wrote:
>Like yourself,- I was going like a whirlwind one day and figured I mut have
>set a record for reloading my M6, when a short time later after several
>exposures....... I discovered the backplate swinging in the breeze! Hell it
>was daylight and I still missed it happening until sometime after loading
>took place.  Lost the roll of course.
>
>But it can happen to anyone of us, if we are rushing!  That's what creates
>the screw up.  Fortunately I've only done it once! That I can remeber!;)

Sure, Ted, but we know you well enough to KNOW what you did:  you wrapped
the camera in some of your Astral Undernickers, poured a bottle of SHARPO
(TM) over the whole thing, put on a Trilby hat, had at some single-malt
Scotch, wrote out a runic incantation with your Rapidograph (TM) pen, and
sat back.  Then you handed the mess over to your Stalwart Assistant and
told HER to sort it all out.

A wise man, by all accounts.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315