Subject: [Leica] CITY 2000 update
From: "Stewart, Alistair" <AStewart@gigaweb.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:54:42 -0500

Firstly,

apologies to several for an on-topic post.

Secondly

All LUGers coming to Chicago are encouraged to check out the CITY 2000
exhibit at the Water Tower (see below).

My Leica-using buddy George Pfoertner spent New Years Eve in the ER at a
local hospital. He has some great new-millenium images in the exhibit, which
of course are only great because of the glass involved (THAT LAST PHRASE WAS
A JOKE). Check out what he captured on film about being on the wrong end of
a pool cue wielded by a drunk...

carpe lunem,

Alistair

>From: "Flak, John" <john@city2k.org>
>Subject: CITY 2000 - Newsflash
>Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:24:43 -0600
>
>First....thank you all for your patience, support, understanding and help
>with our first exhibition. It was overwhelming. The work was fantastic and
>varied and wonderful. More than 2,000 people filled Gallery 312 in the
>three-day show. As of this week, we have a website:
>ChicagoInTheYear2000.org. So now....for the real work. It is time to dig
>deep and create an archive that will be invaluable to the future and
>valuable for people in Chicago today. We are receiving many proposals from
>photographers. My hope is that most of our photographers will create one or
>more coherent projects that will be an important part of the archive. We
>have a diverse group of photographers--in background, skills and views. We
>have a lot to say. My advice for those who have not yet submitted a written
>proposal is to think about what you have always wanted to photograph. What
>will tell people in the future what it was like to live in Chicago during
>the year 2000? Send us the proposal and we will follow up soon.
Two notes. We are adopting real hours at the office. We will be here from
9>a.m. till 5 p.m. What a concept! Also, please send short bios to our
office.
>People are asking who is a part of the project.
Tomorrow (Friday) we move into our permanent exhibition space. We are
going>to be showing photographs at the historic Water Tower for most of the
year.