Subject: Re: [Leica] Something BIG is happening
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:38:47 -03-30

At 04:53 PM 20/01/00 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi Gang,
>
>Last week I wrote that I had received a piece of
>information (from an un-named reliable source) that
>made me think that something was about to happen at
>Leica.
>
>Well, Leica's stock price is up over 40% in the past
>few days.  The price of the stock in Euros has gone
>from a low 7.10 to close at 10.10 today.  This from a
>company who's stock has generally traded BELOW it's 38
>day average for the past 6 or 7 months.

         I'm not sure how they do it in Europe but at the SEC (NYSE) and
OSC (TSE) they take a close look at such things as alarm bells for insider
trading.... which is illegal on this side of the pond.

Yes, it will be curious to see why stock values should increase to quickly.

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart