Subject: [Leica] Re:Curtains-repair & Spotmatics OT
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:44:59 -0800

Curtain repair:
I have had good results patching holes and tears in shutter curtains
with vinyl fabric paint-flat black- available from craft shops for
about three bucks a jar. It also has done a super job stopping
pinhole light leaks on bellows.

Mike-re "The M of SLRs". I have owned a half dozen of the different
incarnations of the Pentax Spotmatic. The best was the F model that
allowed metering on an open aperature with the appropriate lenses and
took a more available Hg battery. I found edge sharpness of the Super
Takumar lenses inferior to Canon and Nikon, and of course Leica
products of the same vintage. Recently I got a Canon AT-1 which is a
manual A series body with the match needle metering of the
Spotmatics. I prefer the needle metering over LEDs because you know
where you are + or - at all times and it seems more natural to crank
in exposure compensation for the subject when the meter is working
all the time. I think it was on this list somebody said a Spotmatic
was all the camera people would need.

Bill Lawlor
- --