Subject: Vs: [Leica] Questions for Steve AND Erwin re new rangefinders
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:53:46 +0100

Well - if the most important thing Leica needs to do right now is to make profit, it is not easy for them to make a decent profit with low-price low-profit model. How many first-camera buyers are going to buy a Leica anyway?
I´d say that the ones who will buy a Konica or a Cosina RF will aspire to a Leica and if they like RF photography they will buy a Leica in the end. The experiment with the CL (and with CLE and R-E, too) has shown that the concept of entry-level Leica is not feasible.
All the best!
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen