Subject: Re: [Leica] Rubber paint for coating old coating shutters
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:12:02 +0000

Jem,

This is one YOU should know about being a two-wheeler... back in '81 whilst
covering the 24-Heures du Mans I was relaxing, as one does in the heat of
the noonday sun with plentiful cheap wine, trays of frites, interesting
women to engage in fruitless conversation... well, you know the kind of
thing, and the sun burnt a couple of neat holes in one edge of the shutter
blind of my M4/2 - caught by the 2.1cm S/A mounted at the time as the camera
was lying on top of the bag. I didn't see the damage until the next day but
managed to do a temporary fix with tiny blobs of rubber cement from a
bicycle tyre repair kit. Lasted for years!

Cheers,

Ed Buziak / Publisher
"Camera & Darkroom"

ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk