Subject: [Leica] Let's talk 90 Sumicrons
From: Robb Williamson <Williamsonimages@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:18:10 -0500

Hi Everybody,

I see that the latest 90 APO for the M has been touted to be the finest
Leica 90 especially wide open.  The model immediately before was reputed to
be not very good wide open and generally not as good as the latest elmarit
at any aperature.

Are earlier versions of the 90 Sumicron any better.  Are there any jewels
in the rough out there, like the 21 / 3.4 from the 70's that many favor
compared to the 21 / 2.8 Non-ASPH?

I thought I read that a Canadian version of the 90 Sumicron made in the
late 70's to 80's was especially good.  Was it better than the latest 90
Sumicron - non asph?

Looking forward to any thoughts on the subject.

Robb Williamson
Colorado