Subject: Re: [Leica] Questions for Steve AND Erwin re new rangefinders
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:03:36 -0700

on 19/1/00 9:06 pm, Stephen Gandy at leicanikon@earthlink.net wrote:

> Perhaps it would be a good time to bring out a
> CL2.   A new small compact M would be lower priced, and offer definite choices
> to the buyer between a CL2 and a M6.
>
> The entry level M  could be sold to the newbie with "Would you rather buy a
> COSINA or a real Leica for only $250 more?"   The experienced M user would
> have
> it all figured out, and just go for it.

I always thought, and I thought you did too Stephen, that the CL
single-handedly killed off the M5, all but destroyed the regular M sales and
did not make the company much money. Though I suppose M***** did okay. I am
not arguing against it (or the CL for that matter) but perhaps Leica is
feeling once bitten twice shy.

John Collier