Subject: [Leica] "pancake" lens
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:42:58 -0800

THE first lens I ever bought was a pancake lens.
It was the first lens I got with my first  interchangeable lens camera a Nikon
F2 around 1972.
It was/is the 45mm 2.8 GN Nikkor which stops down to F32 but only focuses as
close a 3 feet.
There was an article in the Nikon magazine that season about it when I was
getting the camera so it got my interest...half the weight of any other Nikon
lens. A lenscap that takes pictures. Great with powerful or manual flashes! I
still have it. No depth of field scales; bummer.
I'm a lover of pancake lenses everywhere, German pancakes... you name it. Blitz
lenses!!!! (not always overlapping)
Mark (blueberry) Rabiner