Subject: Re: [Leica] f*** the gauntlet!
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:58:21 -0800

bob,

it sounds like you're arguing against yourself: you complain that the
prices are high, then justify your buying a leica because the price is
right. you don't feel a 24mm lens should cost $2,000., then conclude by
saying that though prices are high, camera users don't have to like it. our
discussion is degenerating to the sort of specious nonsense up with which
w. churchill would not put.

leica cameras are expensive. for some, perhaps, prohibitively so. those who
cannot or do not wish to invest so much in a camera system (and leica is
certainly not the most expensive - have you considered the price of
hasselblad lenses lately?) are free to spend their money on another brand
of camera. those who do go with leica should spend less time griping about
its deficiencies (high price, lack of automation, substandard parts, to
quote just a few of the recent/eternal bitches heard on the lug) and more
time out using the camera they love to hate. or perhaps they should trade
it in on something that would please them more.

guy