Subject: RE: [Leica] Bessa-R released!
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:29:39 -0000

It intrigues me that they should want to design a lens other than via the
'pancake' route. The illustration shows that the 'pancake' design is
possible because it does not have to accomodate an SLR mirror in the
camera. Either the non-pancake version is an SLR lens design available to
them at present (which seems unlikely at f2.5!) or they figure there is
something to be gained (optically?) in that configeration.

For my preference, I'd always take the more compact lens, their 35/1.7 is a
big lens. I like the look of that pancake. Mmmmmmmm

Pass the maple syrup.

Jem