Subject: Re: [Leica] Put Up or Shut Up
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:45:16 -0500

At 05:51 PM 1/19/2000 +0000, Ed Buziak wrote:
>Mike Johnston is a fine journalist and a photo magazine editor... as such he
>hears many things, some of which cannot be passed on openly.

This doesn't matter in this agora of discussion.  He may well be a fine
journalist, but, when he states an opinion, claims to have sources, and
then says, "but I won't tell you who they are", it makes any rational
discussion impossible.  If we ALL claimed to have "secret sources" who
verified our positions, then this list would become deadlocked.

However, Mike has agreed to contact his primary source to see if I may
discuss this directly with him.  This might well remove the concern, and is
an honourable thing for Mike to do.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!