Subject: Re: [Leica] Say, about that Heliar 15mm . . .
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 03:44:21 -0700

Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:

> So, you Heliar users . . . what do you DO with a lens that wide? Has it
> opened your eyes? Made you see in a different way? Given you new, unexplored
> capabilities? Has it made a difference in your photography in a "don't leave
> home without it" sort of way. In other words (and here's the stupid
> question), "should I buy this lens?"

The real question is "silver or black?". This certainly is an
entertaining piece of equipment.

You may never want to photograph the interior of a moving car, but it's
nice to know that you can with a Heliar. Gotta watch out for boring
foregrounds and skies though, because there's lots of both to be had
with a lens this wide. I'll finally be clearing up my backlog of film
processing (just mixed up another 5L of Xtol) and will be looking at my
first rolls of film shot through this lens. Since I'm still in the
learning stage with this lens, I've been using it almost exclusively
(except for a recent roll shot mostly with the 90 Summicron-M).

I wish the finder had framelines for the Snapshot Skopar,too.

- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado