Subject: [Leica] OT IBM Aptiva / IBM C51 15" system at C$939.oo
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:26:15 -0500

http://www.ibm.ca
			       January 18th 2000.
Good Afternoon LUGgers,

There is a VERY, VERY GOOD deal on IBM brand
K6-2 400MHz class "No - Nonsense" PC computers
matched with 15" IBM C51 Color Monitors.

In Canada: C$939 (+ C$60 shipping + taxes) for the whole thing
	[ about $25 per month on some credit cards ]
With a credit card, the preferred way I understand,
you get an exact and fair AUTOMATED money exchange rate
MUCH in your favor: somewhere around US$ 700.oo - 725.oo ...

The Special Offer code is: # 2170 12U5

http://www.ibm.ca      1-800-267-9077 ext 1280 Alain Villeneuve
click the "special deal" mini-banner icon on the right of the screen.

There's half a truckload of "Boxing Day" "left-over"
ready-to-go brand new IBM PC units at IBM Canada.

	- Windows 98 OS pre-loaded
	- Lotus Millennium Smart Suite  (excellent + functional software )
	- both Netscape Communicator and Microsoft Internet Explorer
	- Quicken 99 (financials)
	- WorldBook Millenium CD
	- Norton Anti-Virus
	- PC Doctor
		Consider downloading the following from the Internet:
			- Adobe Acrobat Reader (free)
			- Quick Time for PC (free)
			- Eudora Mail Lite (free) as a better e-mail
			- and a few other gizmos at tucows.com ...

	- IBM Aptiva 12U " Price Competition PC System "
		with AMD K6-2 400 MHz CPU and enhanced graphics
	- 32 Meg RAM
		[ ... consider upgrading to 64 Meg RAM. Ok as is. ]
	- 4.3 G hard drive  [ IBM ? ... ]
	- U.S. English IBM Keyboard
	- 40X / 17X minimum CD-ROM
	- 56 Kflex / V. 90 data/fax modem
	- IBM 15" Color Monitor type C51
	- SIS 530 3D graphics board w. 8 Meg memory
	- ESS Solo sound
	- IBM keyboard,  IBM mouse
		- consider a good joystick, but let the younger ones
		   choose, especially for their hand comfort.
		- there are interesting "Premium IBM Mouses",
			about C$29 - C$39 (2 choices - pearl)

	When I called, they had 67 of these systems left this morning.
	Seems enough of an interesting "IBM" value to mention it here.

       -->	It also makes a lot of sense adding a color "photo" printer.
	They offer two choices as extra options,
	both very good match and value: Canon BJC-2000 Photo at C$180
	and Epson Stylus Color 400 at C$210.

      -->	IBM also sells affordable flat-bed scanners called IBM
IdeaScan.

      -->	One piece of extra software I would consider is Microsoft
	MS 98 Plus! at about C$50-60. Brings a more polished
	interface to your computer and many highly desireable
	System Agent functions.
	BUT Windows 2000 is due out Febr 17th.

       --> 	Why not add an IBM.com e-mail address
	with excellent international ISP service ?  Class.  ;+)

	If there's a school, church, family business or good will organization
	that needs an excellent value for a competent computer,
	with excellent up-to-date IBM technology,
	good looks and general flair, this is one to consider.
	I'm sure you'll agree as you recheck
	the general configuration against the special's extra-low prices.

	I was shopping a good computer deal for my sister:
	no mystery I went right to IBM.ca .

	x.

	Andre Jean Quintal
	megamax@abacom.com