Subject: [Leica] Re: LUGPhotographic skills
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:24:19 -0800

Sometime around 1/18/00 6:29 AM, Erwin Puts at imxputs@knoware.nl mumbled
something about:

> (Same scene, both negatives developed
> according to the rules). Some teachers quickly identifed the
> condenser and diffuser prints, some used a longer time but eventually
> made a positive choice. Of course I cheated: all prints were
> identical. So the upshot is this: humans will see differences when
> told there are differences.

All that proves is that the teachers have good imaginations. It did not
prove that there is no difference between condensor and diffusion enlargers,
which is well established.

This is the same as people who claim no-one can see the differences between
lenses. They have good imaginations, because they've never seen a
difference, regardless if there is or not.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Computers can never replace human stupidity.