Subject: Re: [Leica] Voightlander Heliar 15mm - carrying case?
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:41:16 -0500

I crafted a two compartment soft case for my 25/4 Skopar out of bubble wrap
that holds the finder and the lens in the same package.  I just taped a
flat piece of bubble wrap into an envelope and created a tape partition in
the envelope that keeps the lens and finder from clinking against one
another.  The closure flap is secured with tape.  It works great and keeps
the finder WITH the lens, so that it doesn't get lost.

Skip

At 1/17/00 10:31 PM  -0500, you wrote:
>ZaaX@aol.com writes:
>
><< I recently bought a Voightlander Heliar 15 mm lens for my Leica 6M and am
>  looking for a case to carry the lens and finder. How do others pack these
>two
>  items in their camera bag? Is there a special case made for these? Do you
>  have any thoughts on how to carry these items without damaging them? >>
>
>There is a special case. It has two-zippered compartments and sells for $45
>at Samy's.
>
>I, however, am using the single-compartment case that came with my Leica 35mm
>f/2 ASPH (a case which surely must retail for about $11,000.00 without lens)
>and separating lens and finder with a piece of foam. Living in such a
>high-end residence encourages the Voigtlander pieces to perform better, I
>feel.
>
>Chris Lawson

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ