Subject: Re: [Leica] And the Gauntlet just lies there...
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:42:13 EST

I have over 60 current generation lenses for Contax SLR, Contax G2, Canon EOS
and Leica M systems.  I am unable to distinguish among photos taken with
equivalent lenses for prints up to 8 x 10.  Moreover, I find no differences
in the "look" among lens families.  It would interesting to have a controlled
study done on this issue of the differences in results.

That said, I remain fascinated by lens testing and am a big supporter of such
testing.  I particularly an interested and appreciative of Erwin's tests.  I
believe him.  He has my confidence.  Even if I can see no differences in my
prints, I like to know the (unused) qualitative differences.

Tom Shea