Subject: Re: [Leica] And the Gauntlet just lies there...
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:56:36 +0100

I have been looking at some of my own prints and I find it impossible
to determine which lens was on which camera.  So without even looking
at the gauntlet prints I know I would fail to select the Leica ones.

I think that this challenge is going to burst a lot of bubbles.

The counter arguments that there are too many uncontrolled variables to
make the guantlet challenge viable does, in my opinion, reinforce
Mike's real world contention that any differences in the taking lens,
good or bad, are submerged in the other variables.

In the sailing world, a chain is only as strong as the weakest link.
There are an awful lot of links between unexposed film and the final
print.  QED.

Alan