Subject: Re: [Leica] Winter and dark out
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:29:31 EST

I agree that it is winter and dark and cold, but it is also an opportunity to
take photos that are different than those by fair weather photographers.  I
was out shooting all day Sunday starting at 5:30 am about 100 miles southwest
of Chicago.  Basically, there is nothing there-the landscape is flatter than
a billiard table.  All the crops have been harvested, and the trees have no
leaves, so nothing is growing.  But, the landscape looks very different than
it does in the spring and summer-you can see the bones of it.  The challenge
for me is dealing with all the blank sky on overcast days.  As I was using a
4x5 field camera (sorry guys!) the wind was hard to deal with.  It was
gusting at about 30 miles per hour, and I don't think there was a hill or
clump of trees within 50 miles to block it.  I would urge everyone to get out
and photograph when you usually wouldn't.  You might have to work a little
harder, but just might discover photos that you wouldn't ordinarily see.