Subject: Re: [Leica] Test by proxy
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 16:55:12 -0400

But Mike, I was never insecure about any of my lenses until I joined this
group and started reading members comments and going to Erwin's and Gandy's
reviews. My old Summicron collapsible seemed to produce really good results,
but, still...so I went and bought a new current version 50mm Summicron. And
hard to see the difference, if any. And I was happy with my old Summaron
35mm except at f3.5 it seemed a mite slow, but, with excellent results from
16x20 blowups, but still ... so I went out and spent alot of money on a new
Summilux 35 f1.4. And except for the larger aperture hard to see much
difference. So what's the point? Well I have been a photographer for 30
years all with Nikons and have had over 1,000 photos published; I have shot
Goldie Hawn, Gregory Peck, Burt Reynolds, Tiny Tim, Steven Spielberg and
even President George Bush in the oval office. I could go on. All of these
years, believe it or not, I just went out and took pictures. And guess what?
I NEVER read ANY photo magazines. Then I discovered Leica, and, the Leica
MYSTIQUE. Such enthusiam. I had to find out everything about them I started
to buy books, I searched the web, I joined the LUG and LEG. I took many
pictures with the Leicas and compared them with thousands of Nikor
pictures.....hmmm....must be these old Leica lenses 'cause I cant see much
difference. Then, it became, must be I need some new Leica lenses. Now it
has become.... maybe I will go back to blissfully taking pictures without
reading all this stuff because I cannot possibly keep up with it all.
Steve
Annapolis