Subject: [Leica] New shutter-speed dial
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:46:06 +0000

>>>Same direction as an R, and "the way the little red arrows point".  I

understand it, I'm just not used to it.<<<

Jeff,
It's a very discouraging sign, in my opinion. It's the kind of design
decision that would be made by people who aren't familiar with what it
is to learn a camera and get to know its operation like second nature.
Real Leica M photographers have been turning the shutter speed dial one
way for decades; making them switch now is like making an American move
to England and drive on the wrong side of the road. It doesn't make any
difference which way it turns, but it does make a difference to people
who have learned to operate their cameras without thinking.

This is the kind of sign that shows that the people making these
decisions are not photographers. That's an endemic disease in much of
the photo industry, and I'm sorry to see such sure evidence that it
exists at Leica too.

:-(

- --Mike